After being completely preempted last week, we came back with a full show this Sunday and had some mighty fine music for our listeners. Marti also made a rare appearance co-hosting and providing a possum update.
We heard some great music from Wilmer Watts, Arthur Tanner, Howard Vokes, Sam & Kirk McGee, and J. E. Mainer. From my own 78 collection we heard Mr. and Mrs. Chris Bouchillon, Bill Monroe, and the Chuck Wagon Gang.
Joe Bussard brought us a 1939 Grand Ole Opry broadcast as well as some cowboy songs from his wonderful 78 collection. You can hear Joe's portion of the show again here.
Join us next Sunday where we may have an hour between sports preemptions to bring you Joe's show around 2pm.
Artist / Song / Disk / Label / Year
- The South Carolina Broadcasters & Cousin Jimmy B / We Shall Meet Someday / Best Of The Lowe Vintage Radio Show Volume 1 / John Boy & Billy / 2016
- Wilmer Watts & The Lonely Eagles / Cotton Mill Blues / Paramount Old Time Recordings / JSP / 1929
- Arthur Tanner / Whoa Mule Whoa / Paramount Old Time Recordings / JSP / 1925
- Howard Vokes / Tears At the Grand Ole Opry / Tears At The Grand Ole Opry - The Early Recordings / Rosedale Music / 1962
- Sam & Kirk McGee / I Wish I Had a Nickel / Live 1955-1967 - Outstanding In Their Field / Spring Fed / 1955
- Mr. and Mrs. Chris Bouchillon / Adam And Eve - Part 1 & Part 2 / 78 RPM single / Columbia / 1928
- J. E. Mainer / Run Mountain / 16 Down Home Country Classics (American Masters Vol. 10) / Arhoolie / 1963
- Snuffy Jenkins / Spanish Fandango / 16 Down Home Country Classics (American Masters Vol. 10) / Arhoolie / 1962
- Bill Monroe / Cabin Of Love / 78 RPM single / Decca / 1951
- The Chuck Wagon Gang / Sunny South By The Sea / 78 RPM single / Columbia / 1937
- Fred Cockerham, Kyle Creed, Bobby Patterson / Step Back Cindy / The Brandywine Mountain Music Convention / Chubby Dragon / 1974
- Kilby Snow / Wind and Rain / The Brandywine Mountain Music Convention / Chubby Dragon / 1974
- The Blue Sky Boys / Oh Those Tombs / Presenting the Blue Sky Boys / Arhoolie Records / 1965
- The Stripling Brothers / The Lost Child / 78 RPM single / Melotone / 1928
- Roy Acuff; Uncle Dave Macon; Jack Shook's Missouri Mountaineers / Ida Red; Way Downtown; Up Jumped The Devil; Keep My Skillet Good And Greasy; Old Age Pension Check; Tumbling Tumbleweeds; Shuckin' Of The Corn; When A Boy From The Mountain Weds A Girl From The Valley; Greenback Dollar; Give The Fiddler A Dram / Grand Ole Opry Transcription 1939 / na / 1939
- Sam McGee / Knoxville Blues / 78 RPM single / Vocalion / 1926
- Sons Of The Pioneers / Kilocycle Stomp / 78 RPM single / Decca / 1935
- Powder River Jack - Kitty Lee / Powder River, Let 'Er Buck / 78 RPM single / Victor / 1930
- Charlie Marshall / The Old Hitchin' Rail / 78 RPM single / Vocalion / 1935
- Patsy Montana / Back On Montana Plains / 78 RPM single / Bluebird / 1933
- Carter Family / They Call Her Mother / 78 RPM single / Montgomery Ward / 1938
- Jimmie Rodgers / The Brakeman's Blues / 78 RPM single / Victor / 1928
- The Delmore Brothers / She Left Me Standing on the Mountain / 78 RPM single / King / 1946
- Ernest Phipps & His Holiness Quartet / Jesus Getting Us Ready For That Great Day / 78 RPM single / Victor / 1927
- The Sansom Singers / You'll Need The Love Of God / 78 RPM single / Sansom / c1950
- UNKNOWN / Black Mountain Blues / 78 RPM single