With our time slot shared with a very active UCONN sports department, we have not had very many opportunities to produce shows this semester, so when the opportunity to do a fill-in during UCONN's spring break presented itself, we eagerly accepted. The resulting Red Rooster Party occurred noon to 1:00pm -- one hour before our (ir)regular time slot -- on March 16th.
We played some unusual selections for RRP including a couple of Les Paul & Mary Ford numbers (based on requests we have been receiving this year), and some Hollywood hillbilly music from the likes of Cliffie Stone and Budd Hobbs. We also got some early Chet Atkins, our NC home favorite Fred Kirby, comedy from Junior Samples (his first recording!), and of course some yodeling for Marti by Carolina Cotton from one of her radio shows produced by Armed Forces Radio Service in the early 1950s.
We hope you enjoyed this brief production, and hope we have the opportunity to bring you another show by summer. Thanks!
Jim & Marti
Artist / Title / Album / Label
- Golden Gate Quartet / Sweet Adeline / Complete Recorded Works in Chronological Order Vol. 2 / Document
- Arthur "Guitar Boogie" Smith / Foolish Questions / The Golden Age of Arthur "Guitar Boogie" Smith / Cattle
- Hawkshaw Hawkins / Slow Poke / Hawkshaw Hawkins - Best of the Best (1921-1963) / King Records
- Les Paul & Mary Ford / Cindy / In Perfect Harmony / Proper
- Chet Atkins / Guitar Blues (Picking The Blue) / The Early Years / JSP
- Fred Kirby / Atomic Power / The Original "Atomic Power" / Cattle
- The Coon Creek Girls / The Good Old Days / Early Radio Favorites / Old Homestead
- Junior Samples / World’s Biggest Whopper / The Best Of Junior Samples / Gusto
- Carolina Cotton / Carolina Cotton Calls (#88) / Yodeling Blonde Bombshell Volume 1 / Kit Fox Records
- Les Paul & Mary Ford / Mockin' Bird Hill / In Perfect Harmony / Proper
- Budd Hobbs / Lazy Mazy / Hollywood Hillbilly Cowboys / Proper
- Cliffie Stone / Peepin' Through the Keyhole / Hollywood Hillbilly Cowboys / Proper