We were preempted 45 minutes, but we got all of Joe Bussard's 68th show, and 15 minutes more of great rare music.
Prior to Joe, I played some real Florida blues by Richard Williams, a blues man recorded in 1978 by the Florida Folklife Collection. The CD is available throught the State Library and Archives of Florida. Also heard was the flip side of The Bailey Brothers' single "Happy Valley Special" (which Joe play last week) titled "Rattlesnake Daddy Blues."
Then we heard a rare 45 I dubbed from Joe Bussard when I visited last week by The Country Boys -- the pre-1961 name of The Kentucky Colonels with Clarence and Roland White, recorded 1961.
Joe Bussard took it from there. You can hear his show again at this link.
Tune in next Sunday for another great listen into our musical history.
Artist / Song / Disk / Label / Notes
- Golden Gate Quartet / On Top Of Old Smokey / Complete Recorded Works Volume 6 / Document / 1950
- The Bailey Brothers (Charles & Danny) & Happy Valley Boys / Rattlesnake Daddy Blues / 78 RPM single / Rich-R-Tone / 1947
- Richard Williams / Polk County Blues / Tell The Truth! / Florida Folklife Collection / 1978
- The Country Boys / I'm Head Over Heels In Love WIth You / 45 RPM single / Sundown / 1959
- The Country Boys / Kentucky Hills / 45 RPM single / Sundown / 1959
- The Stripling Brothers / The Lost Child / 78 RPM single / Melotone / 1928
- W. T. Narmour & S. W. Smith / Gallop To Georgia / 78 RPM single / Okeh / 1929
- Uncle Dave Macon / Susie Lee / 78 RPM single / Vocalion / 1929
- Bascomb Lamar Lunsford / Dry Bones / 78 RPM single / Brunswick / 1928
- William McCoy / Mama Blues / 78 RPM single / Columbia / 1927
- Lowe Stokes and the Pot Lickers / Kitty and the Baby / 78 RPM single / Brunswick / 1930
- Buell Kazee / The Wagoner's Lad (Loving Nancy) / 78 RPM single / Brunswick / 1928
- Crockett's Kentucky Mountaineers / Bonaparte's Retreat / 78 RPM single / Brunswick / 1929
- State Street Boys / Sweet To Mama / 78 RPM single / Okeh / 1935
- Dallas String Band With Coley Jones / Shine / 78 RPM single / Columbia / 1929
- W. Lee O'Daniel & his Hillbilly Boys / Devilish Mary / 78 RPM single / "Vocalion / " / 1937
- W. Lee O'Daniel & his Hillbilly Boys / Tuck Away My Lonesome Blues / 78 RPM single / "Vocalion / " / 1937
- Bob Wills Texas Playboys / St. Louis Blues / 78 RPM single / Vocalion / 1935
- Bill Boyd & His Cowboy Ramblers / What's The Use / 78 RPM single / Bluebird / 1937
- Blue Sky Boys / Sunny Side Of Life / 78 RPM single / RCA Victor / 1952
- The Carter Family / The Church In The Wildwood / 78 RPM single / Victor / 1932
- Wade Mainer & Sons of the Mountaineers / Lonely Tomb / 78 RPM single / Bluebird / 1938
- Ned Luberecki, Ron Pennington / Ghost of Antietam / 78 RPM single / Borderline Productions / 1990