It's been a while since an update, but we have only done two shows in the last month because of sports preemptions and travel.
This playlist is for the Sunday, September 25th show. Jim was actually in North Carolina at the time visiting family, tying up some ends at radio station WPAQ, and attending the IBMA convention in Raleigh, so the show was pre-recorded with Marti.
Additionally, Joe Bussard presented his 51st show for Red Rooster Party at WHUS.
We hope you enjoyed this show. Keep trying to get us 2-4pm ET on WHUS. Sports will not preempt us every time.
Jim & Marti
Artist / Song / Disk / Label / Year
- Golden Gate Quartet / Ride On Moses / Complete Recorded Works Volume 6 / Document / 1950
- Texas Jim Robertson / Lost Deep In the Bottom of the Sea / Purple Night On the Prairie / B.A.C.M / 1948
- Lester MacFarland and Robert A. Gardner (Mac and Bob) / The East Bound Train / Mac and Bob / Old Homestead / 1927
- The Callahan Brothers / They're At Rest Together / The Callahan Brothers / Old Homestead / 1941
- The Ledford String Band / If There Wasn't Any Women In the World / The Ledford String Band / Rounder / 1971
- Lee Moore / The Cat Came Back / Everybody's Favorite / Rural Rhythm / 1968
- Doc & Chickie Williams / Little Joe / Early Recordings Volume Four (1952 to 1972) / Wheeling / 196?
- Lee Moore / Wreck of the Happy Valley / Everybody's Favorite / Rural Rhythm / 1968
- Doc & Chickie Williams / Under The Double Eagle March / Early Recordings Volume Four (1952 to 1972) / Wheeling / 196?
- Homer & Jethro / Hart-Brake Motel / Weird World of Homer & Jethro / BMG / 1956
- Lonzo & Oscar / Bare Faced Bird Brain / America's Greatest Country Comedians / Starday / 1960
- Claude King / Wolverton Mountain / Classic Country: Great Story Songs / Time Life / 1962
- Tom T. Hall / A Week In A Country Jail / Classic Country: Great Story Songs / Time Life / 1969
- Jimmy Dean / Big Bad John / Classic Country: Great Story Songs / Time Life / 1961
- Jerry Reed / The Claw / RCA Country Legends: Jerry Reed / BMG / 1966
- The South Carolina Broadcasters / Sing, Sing, Sing / Short Time To Stay Here / Flaming Heart / 2013
- The Blue Sky Boys / Turkey In The Straw / On Radio - Volume Three / Copper Creek / 1947
- The Blue Sky Boys / I Have Found The Way / On Radio - Volume Three / Copper Creek / 1947
- Rose Maddox & The Maddox Brothers / Gonna Lay My Burden Down / When The Sun Goes Down / B.A.C.M / 1954
- Stripling Brothers / The Lost Child / 78 RPM single / Melotone / 1928
- Crazy Hillbillies Band / Too Young To Get Married; Flatwood / 78 RPM single / Okeh / 1934
- Wade Mainer & Sons of the Mountaineers / Another Alabama Camp Meetin' / 78 RPM single / Bluebird / 1936
- Skyland Scotty (Wiseman) / Home Coming Time In Happy Valley / 78 RPM single / Conqueror / 1932
- The Bentley Boys / Down On Penny's Farm / 78 RPM single / Columbia / 1929
- Renfro Valley Folks with John Lair / In The Valley Where Time Stands Still / 78 RPM single / Renfro Valley / 1952
- Uncle Dave Macon / All In Down And Out Blues / 78 RPM single / Bluebird / 1937
- Hank Snow / Can't Have You Blues / 78 RPM single / RCA Victor / 1944
- Jack Youngblood / Hitchiker's Blues / 78 RPM Single / Columbia / 1954
- Bukka White / Good Gin Blues / 78 RPM single / Okeh / 1940
- Memphis Jug Band / Memphis Shakedown / 78 RPM Single / Okeh / 1934
- Roy Acuff & His Crazy Tennesseans / You're The Only Star (In My Blue Heaven) / 78 RPM single / Vocalion / 1936
- Doc Williams and The Border Riders / Silver Bell / 78 RPM single / Pioneer / 1947
- The Blue Sky Boys / Sold Down The River / 78 RPM Single / RCA Victor / 1947
- Bill Monroe and His Blue Grass Boys / Summertime Is Past And Gone / 78 RPM Single / Columbia / 1946
- The Carter Family / Heaven's Radio / 78 RPM single / Okeh / 1940
- Roy Acuff and His Smokey Mountain Boys / What Would You Do With Gabriel's Trumpet / 78 RPM single / Vocalion / 1938
- Ned Luberecki and Ron Pennington / Runnin' Razorback / Ned Luberecki and Ron Pennington / Borderline Productions / 1990