We almost had a full two hours today because the sports preemption was not as destructive as usual.
|Some of Joe Bussard's Collection of 78s|
We also introduced some tracks from a new collection titled The Year Of Jubilo that was produced by Joe Bussard from 78s from his collection of songs and tunes of the War Between The States.
We also heard from the late Bill Keith (who just passed Friday 10/23), Benton Flippen, Jimmy Driftwood, Patti Powell, Johnny Horton, Connie Smith, George & Melba, Ernest Tubb, The Louvin Brothers, The Browns Ferry Four, The Blue Sky Boys, The Cooke Duet, and The Carter Family (post-Maybelle).
It is unusual to have anything newer than the 1960s on Red Rooster Party, but this show introduced great new music with an old aesthetic in the form of David Peterson's new gospel album, Spencer Branch old-time and bluegrass band from E. Tennessee, and The South Carolina Broadcasters' new album.
We hope you enjoyed our old music, even the newer variety. We love feedback which you can provide in the comments below. If you would like to contact Joe Bussard directly, you can do so at e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org
Joe loves to hear from you!
See you next week at 2pm ET.
Artist / Song / Album / Label / Year
- Golden Gate Quartet / Ride On Moses / Complete Recorded Works Volume 6 / Document / 1950
- Doc & Chickie Williams / Listen To The Mockingbird / One Heart One Life / Wheeling / unk
- George Jones / The Race Is On / She Thinks I Still Care / Bear Family / 1965
- Bradley Kincaid / Some Little Bug Is Goin' To Get You Some Day / A Man and His Guitar (Vol. 2) / JSP Records / 1933
- The South Carolina Broadcasters / J'ai Passe Devant Ta Porte / Tell Me Truly / John Boy & Billy / 2015
- Bill Keith & Jim Rooney / Devil's Dream / Livin' On The Mountain / PrestigeFolklore / 1963
Joe Bussard's Country Classics #3
- Gid Tanner & His Skillet-Lickers with Riley Puckett & Clayton McMichen / Molly Put The Kettle On / 78 RPM Single / Columbia / 1931
- The Tennessee Ramblers / Tennessee Traveler / 78 RPM single / Vocalion / 1929
- Buddy Starcher / In Memory of Halloween / 78 RPM Single / 4-Star / 1946
- The Prairie Ramblers / The Ghost And The Graveyard / 78 RPM Single (unissued) / ARC / 1935
- The Prairie Ramblers / The Music Goes 'Round And Around / 78 RPM Single / Perfect / 1936
- Jimmie Rodgers / Jimmie's Mean Mama Blues / 78 RPM Single / Victor / 1930
- Wade Mainer & Sons of the Mountaineers / Lonely Tomb / 78 RPM single / Bluebird / 1938
- Ernest Stoneman / Pass Around the Bottle / The Year Of Jubilo / Dust-to-Digital / 1927
- Da Costa Woltz’s Southern Broadcasters / John Brown's Dream / The Year Of Jubilo / Dust-to-Digital / 1927
- Benton Flippen and the Smokey Valley Boys / Polly Put The Kettle On / Beware Of Dog / Heritage / 2006
- Jimmy Driftwood / Tennessee Stud / Voice of the People / Monument / 1966
- Patti Powell / Long Haul Widow / The Wheeling Years / Self-released / 1971
- Johnny Horton / Honky Tonk Man / Columbia Country Classics - Honky Tonk Heros Vol. 2 / Columbia / 1956
- Connie Smith / If It Ain't Love (Let's Leave It Alone) / The Lost Tapes / Country Rewind / 1970s
- Connie Smith / Long Black Limousine / The Lost Tapes / Country Rewind / 1970s
- George Jones & Melba Montgomery / I Let You Go / She Thinks I Still Care / Bear Family / 1963
- Ira & Charlie Louvin / The Last Old Shovel / A Tribute to the Delmore Brothers / Gusto / 1960
- The Brown's Ferry Four / Rockin' On The Waves / Rockin' On The Waves / JSP / 1946
- Ernest Tubb / You Nearly Lose Your Mind / The Definitive Collection / MCA / 1942
- The Blue Sky Boys / When Heaven Comes Down / Classic Country Remastered: Atlanta,GA-New York City 1940-1947 / JSP Records / 1949
- Spencer Branch / Rest For The Wicked / Ashe County Outlaws / Self-released / 2015
- David Peterson / Old Time Power / Old Time Power / Self-Produced / 2015
- The Cooke Duet / Jesus Is A Way Maker / The Lord Will Make A Way Somehow / Self-released / c.1966
- The Carter Family / I'll Be Satisfied / The Acme Sessions 1952,56, Disc A / JSP Records / 1952
- The South Carolina Broadcasters / We Shall Meet Someday / Tell Me Truly / John Boy & Billy / 2015