Thursday, September 24, 2015

Playlist - 9/20/2015 - Classic Country

Hi Folks.

With just an hour for the show today, I decided to listen to my good friend Art Kneeland and play some classic country music featuring George Jones and Bob Gallion.  We finished with a couple of great obscure gospel numbers on vinyl!

I hope you enjoyed it!


Jame & Cathy Ward will be filling in for the next two weeks during the IBMA convention.


I'll be back October 11 with some incredible news.  I may let you know about it ahead of time, so keep your eyes peeled.


Jim Beaver


Artist / Song / Album / Label / Year

  • Golden Gate Quartet / Didn't Old Pharoah Get Lost / Complete Recorded Works / Document / 1944
  • George Jones / She Thinks I Still Care / She Thinks I Still Care / Bear Family / 1962
  • George Jones / Silver Dew On The Bluegrass Tonight / She Thinks I Still Care / Bear Family / 1962
  • The York Brothers / Long Time Gone / Long Time Gone / Ace / 1950
  • Molly O'Day / I Whish I Was A Single Girl Again / Radio Favorites / Old Homestead / 1945
  • Cowboy Copas / Don't Shake Hands With the Devil / Settin' Flat On Ready / Bear Family / 1955
  • Cowboy Copas / Hangman's Boogie / Settin' Flat On Ready / Bear Family / 1949
  • Hank Williams / I Can't Get You off of My Mind / The Garden Spot Programs 1950 / Omnivore / 1950
  • Marty Robbins / Jolie Girl / Marty Robbin's All Time Greatest Hits / Columbia / 1970
  • Bob Gallion and Patti Powell / Pretty Womanitis / Together and Alone / Self-released / 1975
  • Howard Vokes / Ghost Of A Honky Tonk Slave / Tears At The Grand Ole Opry - The Early Recordings / Rosedale Music / 1958
  • Bob Gallion / Sweethearts Again / Not Once But A Hundred Times / Red Bus Digital / 1961
  • Bob Gallion / Wall to Wall Love / Not Once But A Hundred Times / Red Bus Digital / 1962
  • Merle Haggard / Mixed Up Mess of a Heart / Untamed Hawk / Bear Family / 1966
  • George Jones / A Little Bitty Tear / She Thinks I Still Care / Bear Family / 1962
  • George Jones & Melba Montgomery / Roll In My Sweet Baby's Arms / She Thinks I Still Care / Bear Family / 1964
  • George Jones & Melba Montgomery / Blue Moon Of Kentucky / She Thinks I Still Care / Bear Family / 1964
  • Gene Autry / Yellow Rose Of Texas / The Essential Recordings / Primo / 1933
  • Jimmy Murphy / We Live a Long Long Time / Electricity / Sugar Hill / 1978
  • Kenny Roberts / Tying The Leaves / 45 RPM Single / Starday / 1965
  • Buck Owens with Rose Maddox / Loose Talk / Great Duets / Time Life / 1961
  • The Gospel Travelers / Jesus Is Standing At My Right Hand / 45 RPM Single / G-T Records / 1961
  • The Cooke Duet / Almost Home / The Lord Will Make A Way Somehow / Self-released / c.1966

1 comment:

Bill C said...

Please consider giving your show an archive posting. Listening to the show again or a missed one would be a plus.

Bill